The Accounting Assistant I will work perform functions within Payroll, Payable, and general accounting. The accounting Assistant I will function as a backup and support to the Controller. The following areas below provide an overview of the duties they will serve:
Provide general accounting and payroll support to each department as well as the team with utmost customer care, compassion, and integrity to improve the quality of care for the patients and the community.
Excellent and competitive benefits package offered which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance. Company matching retirement plan and generous paid time off to include vacation and sick leave accruals starting from the date of hire.
- Responsible for setting up employees and processing payroll
- Set up employee and maintain benefit, deduction and leave etc.
- Audit time cards to ensure time and pay accuracy.
- Process payroll and review payroll information before submitting.
- Submit pension benefits and payroll taxes to the respective entities.
- Reconcile payroll and benefits general ledger to the payroll report
- Help reconcile insurance selection form to payroll benefit and deduction setup with respect to billed insurance.
- Performs related task as plan administrator for MOA and HR support
- Accounts Payable
- Prepare check request for contract providers and staff Payable
- Responsible for processing contract staff payment
- Process and writes checks when needed
- Help audits medical insurance invoices to ensure that employees are being charged appropriate amounts for benefit premiums as stated in NTACHC approved policies.
- General Accounting
- Provide backup and support to the Controller and Assistant Accountant.
- Perform bank reconciliation and credit card reconciliation as assigned.
- Perform Journal entries and reconcile to General Ledger of the assigned accounts.
- Maintain appropriate files for audit purposes.
- Performs other duties and Special Projects as assigned.
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Good typing and data entry skills.
- Attention to detail requiring accuracy.
- Extremely confidential position; must maintain good attitude and confidentiality at all times.
- Computer aptitude.
- Associate degree, preferably in accounting, finance or business.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and familiar with accounting software.
- Two years Payroll, Payables, and general accounting experience preferred.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions associated with this position. Because we are committed to inclusion of those with disabilities, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions associated with their position.
- Carrying: Transporting an object, usually by hand, arm or shoulder.
- Lifting: Raising or lowering an object 25-50 pounds.
- Repetitive Motions: Making frequent movements with a part of the body.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.