The Accounting Assistant will work perform functions within accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll processes as well as assist in the Billing Department. The accounting Assistant will function as a backup and support to the Controller and Billing Manger. The following areas below provide an overview of the duties they will serve:
Provide general accounting and billing support to each department as well as the team with utmost customer care, compassion, and integrity to improve the quality of care for the patients and the community.
Excellent and competitive benefits package offered which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance. Company matching retirement plan and generous paid time off to include vacation and sick leave accruals starting from the date of hire.
- Accounts Payable
- Assist in processing invoices by matching invoices to purchase orders and receiving reports, verifying quantities and prices, and researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Prepare payable authorization form and match, batch, and code expenses to appropriate cost centers
- Reconcile assigned vendor statements monthly to ensure we have received all invoices and maintained good account balances.
- Accounts Payable – Responsible for processing invoices for payment, matching invoices to purchase orders and receiving reports, verifying quantities and prices, and researching discrepancies and
- Audits medical insurance invoices to ensure that employees are being charged appropriate amounts for benefit premiums as stated in NTACHC approved policies.
- Accounts Receivable
- Assist in processing daily accounts receivable reports by matching day sheets with deposit slips and bank deposit receipts, verifying amounts, researching discrepancies, and correcting accordingly.
- Run Nextgen reports to check payment postings are consistent to daily reports.
- Accounts Receivable – Responsible for processing daily accounts receivable reports by matching day sheets with deposit slips and bank deposit receipts, verifying amounts, researching discrepancies and correcting accordingly and entering a general journal entry for each report.
- General Accounting
- Provide backup and support to the Controller and Assistant Accountant.
- Perform bank reconciliation and credit card charge reconciliation on monthly basis.
- Perform Journal entries and reconcile to General Ledger of the assigned accounts.
- Maintain good documentation by labeling appropriate stamp and good filing system.
- Performs other duties and Special Projects as assigned.
- Reconcile insurance selection form to payroll benefit and deduction setup with respect to billed insurance.
- Help reconcile Time Cards for Accuracy according to pay period and policies when needed.
- Work on account adjustments, bad debt, funds gone, patient credits and balance.
- Assist with other items such as, insurance verification, patients call etc. when needed.
- Help Billing manager to complete special projects as assigned.
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Good typing and data entry skills.
- Attention to detail requiring accuracy.
- Extremely confidential position; must maintain good attitude and confidentiality at all times.
- Computer aptitude.
- Bilingual Preferred.
- Associate degree, preferably in accounting, finance or business.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and familiar with accounting software.
- Two years Payroll, Payables, and general accounting experience preferred.
Typical Physical Demands
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions associated with this position. Because we are committed to inclusion of those with disabilities, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions associated with their position.
- Carrying: Transporting an object, usually by hand, arm or shoulder.
- Lifting: Raising or lowering an object 25-50 pounds.
- Repetitive Motions: Making frequent movements with a part of the body.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.