SOUTHEAST COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER
2909 Mitchell Blvd.
Fort Worth, Texas 76105
Responsible for answering and routing phone calls, included but not limited to scheduling and confirming patient appointments using a telephone software system and an electronic practice management system.
Provide patient care with utmost customer service, compassion, and integrity to patients/clients in a clinic setting.
Excellent and competitive benefits package offered which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance. Company matching retirement plan and generous paid time off to include vacation and sick leave accruals starting from the date of hire.
- Schedule appointments for patients.
- Answer telephone promptly and in a polite and professional manner.
- Obtain and enter accurate demographic information into Electronic Practice Management System (address, telephone number, financial information).
- Discuss available coverage options, including private insurance, Medicare/Medicaid/CHIP, state funded programs, sliding scale and self-pay.
- Schedule appointment correctly – review appointment date, time, location, and provider name with caller.
- Inform caller of items to bring to appointment (including insurance card, medications, office visit fee, and verification of income – if applicable).
- Remind caller to arrive at the designated arrival time in order to register and complete necessary paperwork.
- Remind caller of cancellation/no-show policy.
- Answer questions and offer other information, as requested, to provide patient-focused care
- Direct calls to other departments as needed.
- Use sound judgment in handling calls, especially with upset patients.
- Understanding of when to escalate calls to manager/providers/practice manager.
- Make reminder calls as requested.
- Make calls to reschedule appointments when necessary.
- Serve as the communication liaison between patient and clinical staff by inputting and updating tasks in designated system.
- Other reasonably related duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Ability to recognize and respect cultural diversity of patients.
- Recognize and respond effectively to verbal, nonverbal, and written communication.
- Ability to follow established policies and procedures dealing with health care.
- Possess willingness to accept direction and perform repetitive tasks.
- Comply with established risk management and safety procedures.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the patients and health center team.
- Must respect the confidential nature of medical information.
- Working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Able to work efficiently and cope with emergency situations, including scheduling changes and provider requirements.
- Capable of using experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as charts, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent Preferred.
- One (1) year of Data Entry/Medical Office Experience Preferred.
- Good computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good communication skills including verbal and written.
- Professional manner and appearance.
- Emotional and physical ability to meet the demands of the position.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) highly preferred.
Typical Physical Demands
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions associated with this position. Because we are committed to inclusion of those with disabilities, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions associated with their position.
- Carrying: Transporting an object, usually by hand, arm or shoulder.
- Lifting: Raising or lowering an object 25-50 pounds.
- Repetitive Motions: Making frequent movements with a part of the body.
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working under irregular hours.
- Exposure: To communicable diseases, body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinical environment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in a moderate noise level in the work environment is required.
The information in this document is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in order to perform the work. The health center reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. Additionally, this job description is not intended as an employment contract, implied or otherwise, and the Center continues to maintain its status as an at-will employer.