The main duties of the Community Health Educator are to promote health and wellness and prevent illness and disease through education.
As a Community Health Educator at North Texas Area Community Health Centers, Inc. (NTACHC), you will be responsible for providing health education to the NTACHC patients as part of the chronic disease management program , Living Your Best Life and for all NTACHC patients as part of the overall wellness approach NTACHC offers all of their patients.
The Community Health Educator is responsible for driving education, participation and sustained engagement across the client population. The Community Health Educator reports directly to the Director of Nursing & Access, the endocrinologist who oversees Living Your Best Life wellness program. S/he will also work closely with the Marketing Coordinator and will collaborate with other staff members within the team to successfully align client initiatives and expectations. The Community Health Educator will be responsible for the successful implementation and ongoing program development of the client’s worksite well-being program including day to day activities and member communication to maximize health promotion and engagement. The Community Health Educator will be self-directed, have strong organizational and project management skills, content programming experience and a consistent focus on related account performance goals. This individual is a team player who continually seeks to improve wellness objectives and strategy and acts with a sense of urgency ultimately leading to an elevated patient experience and long-term loyalty of the patient.
Provide patient care with utmost customer service, compassion, and integrity to patients/clients in a clinic setting.
Excellent and competitive benefits package offered which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance. Company matching retirement plan and generous paid time off to include vacation and sick leave accruals starting from the date of hire.
- Understanding patient participant needs, developing a communication plan that includes the scheduling of programming, health promotion activities and events that support the areas of greatest wellness need, and support the Living Your Best Life wellness program.
- Thoroughly learn and understand client performance goals, performance metrics, and audience targeting segmentation.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams in support of patient needs.
- Partner and interact with NTACHC staff and physicians, and other onsite personnel to ensure patient satisfaction and provide additional patient reporting and education.
- Administration and coordination of wellness educational training and learning activities.
- Work with various outside associations and organizations to set-up programs and attend health screenings.
- Participate/collaborate in the design, planning, coordination and delivery of innovative programs and initiatives that are aligned with NTACHC patient’s overall wellness. Ensure effective communication occurs between the wellness program, wellness committees, employees to ensure successful delivery of program components.
- Practices excellent time management skills and completes tasks according to the program’s strategic plan within the patient’s established time frames.
- Willingness to learn and to recognize and adapt to changing conditions, including redefining this job as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in related health field preferred, health-related professional certification or degree is a plus
- 2 years minimum patient-facing experience in health and wellness promotions
- Strong understanding of health behavior change theory
- One-on-one and group coaching/education experience preferred
- Exceptional administrative skills including computer software (MS Office Suite) and have exceptional telephone skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly preferred
- Ability to manage multi-site wellness campaigns
- Strong program planning and marketing skills
- Excellent communication/presentation and leadership skills (verbal and written)
- Strong administrative skills including computer software (MS Office Suite)
- Ability to engage and motivate groups and individuals
- Ability to influence work-site culture of wellness
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.