Provides office services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, managing administrative projects and planning and coordinating marketing and promotion activities.
Under direction of the CEO, be responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of the Health Center’s specific special projects. May supervise support staff.
Provide patient care with utmost customer service, compassion, and integrity to patients/clients in a clinic setting.
Excellent and competitive benefits package offered which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance. Company matching retirement plan and generous paid time off to include vacation and sick leave accruals starting from the date of hire.
- Serves as Executive Assistant to the CEO
- Coordinates and supports leadership team meetings
- Manages program specific special projects.
- Coordinates and/or supervises the activities of personnel involved in the development and implementation of special projects.
- Confers with the department head or assigned designee to determine basic departmental policies and operating procedures and coordinates implementation.
- Assesses departmental priorities and objectives and makes action recommendations to the department head or assigned designee.
- Develops the operating budget for program specific special projects. Assists in the formulation of the annual departmental budget.
- Performs departmental and program specific analysis
- Conducts complex studies and prepares reports.
- Meets with community groups and members of the public.
- Represents the Health Center on committees and task force as assigned.
- Dependent upon assignment, may be required to supervise the operational activities of staff in an assigned area of responsibility. May administer contracts and amendments.
- Coordinates and prepares for business and committee meetings as assigned.
- Records and/or takes minutes of meetings in an accurate and timely
- Transcribes digital recordings of meetings accurately and on a timely
- Prepares monthly meeting agenda, notices, minutes and resolutions, and prepares and distributes the meeting information
- Creates and maintains filing system and database and spreadsheet files for executive department operations to allow retrieval of documents as
- Maintains a filing system for easy access and retrieval of documents as
- Maintains database with updated contact information of all funding sources, federal, state and local agencies/individuals.
- Maintains files of all contracts/agreements financial and non-financial.
- Creates, maintains and updates spreadsheet files and database for all policies and procedures, including the clinic’s general forms and
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of major projects as required.
- Abides by the regulations, protocols, and policies as indicated in the Employee Handbook and Code of Conduct
- It is mandatory that the employee actively participate in Performance
- Maintains confidentiality of all corporate and personnel
Expected to perform duties with a high degree of independence, initiative and judgment
- Ability to recognize and respect cultural diversity of patients.
- Recognize and respond effectively to verbal, nonverbal, and written communication.
- Comply with established risk management and safety procedures.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, all staff members, leadership team and board of directors
- Working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Able to work efficiently and cope with emergency situations.
- Capable of using experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as charts, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Health Administration,Years of experience may substitute years of formal
- 2-3 plus years work experience in Administration and/or as an Executive Assistant or in customer service.
- Must have extensive clerical experience and strong Microsoft Office suite skills/experience.
Knowledge, skills, and Abilities:
- Must be exceptionally motivated with a high level of
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a strong demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and information quickly and efficiently, as well as being able to multi-task.
- Exhibits excellent dependability and ability to maintain
- Verbal ability is required to prepare reports, to take notes at meetings and to compose letters and memos using proper rules of grammar, spelling and
- Possess strong organization and computer
- Knowledge of general office
Typical Physical Demands
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions associated with this position. Because we are committed to inclusion of those with disabilities, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions associated with their position.
- Carrying: Transporting an object, usually by hand, arm or shoulder.
- Lifting: Raising or lowering an object 25-50 pounds.
- Repetitive Motions: Making frequent movements with a part of the body.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.