North Texas Area Community Health Centers, Inc. (NTACHC) is looking for an LCSW to work in our new North Side, Fort Worth Health Center in the delivery of behavioral care services and support. The right candidate will be team oriented, self-motivated and committed to acting as an advocate for NTACHC’s patient population, work with providers and address behavioral health issues faced in their daily life such as depression and anxiety.
Provide patient care with utmost customer service, compassion, and integrity to patients/clients in a clinic setting.
Excellent and competitive benefits package offered which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance. Company matching retirement plan and generous paid time off benefits include vacation, sick and holiday pay.
- Consults with patient and primary care provider about behavioral treatment options and preferences; coordinates initiation of treatment plan, identifies possible barriers to treatment and supports development of solutions to barriers.
- Monitors patients closely (in-person or by phone) to administer follow up assessments and facilitate engagement in depression treatment.
- Works with clinical team and leadership in ensuring patient flow for mental health services, including scheduling of patients.
- Provides brief, focused counseling and intervention for clients who are in need of mental health services.
- Works, where indicated, to effect behavioral changes in clients with, or at risk for, physical disorders and helps them make healthier lifestyle choices.
- Provides clients with self-management skills and educational information needed so they can be full participants in their own treatment and recovery.
- Gives primary care providers timely feedback about the client’s care, treatment recommendations, and progress via documentation in the client’s record and verbal feedback.
- Documents the client’s progress and diagnostic information in the electronic health record (EHR).
- Documents all encounters according to organizational policies and procedures.
- Facilitates treatment referrals, as needed.
- Completes relapse prevention plan with patients who are in remission.
- Ability to transport between our clinic locations if/when requested to.
- MSW and Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) by the State of Texas, with minimum of 1 years of clinical experience in a relevant setting
- Experience in recognition and treatment of mental disorders and psychosocial problems
- Knowledge of evidence-based behavioral assessments and interventions
- Care management skills, skill in targeted and brief psychotherapy
- Knowledge of basic physiology, psychopharmacology, and medical terminology
- Program management skills and experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of Electronic Health Records system
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
- Proof of valid Driver’s License and auto insurance for work travel.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions associated with this position. Because we are committed to inclusion of those with disabilities, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions associated with their position.
- Carrying: Transporting an object, usually by hand, arm or shoulder.
- Lifting: Raising or lowering an object 25-50 pounds.
- Repetitive Motions: Making frequent movements with a part of the body.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
|Job Category||Health Care|