Under the general direction and supervision of the Chief Medical Officer, this position provides administrative support to the Chief Medical Officer, Assistant Chief Medical Officer, Director of Nursing, Senior Data Analyst, and the medical practice with a variety of assignments, including the electronic health record systems, staff trainings, technical support, and health informatics.
Provide administrative support in performing the position’s duties and the team with the utmost customer care, compassion, and integrity to improve the quality of care for the patients and community.
Excellent and competitive benefits package offered which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance. Company matching retirement plan and generous paid time off to include vacation and sick leave accruals starting from the date of hire.
- Generates and validates (in conjunction with appropriate staff) administrative and clinical reports from the Practice Management and EMR Systems. Reports include Clinical Performance Measures, Patient Centered Medical Home, Patient Panel, Disease Registries, and Health Indicators.
- Ensures corporate compliance and data integrity for reporting on meaningful use, Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set, Uniform Data System Report and National Committee on Quality Assurance (NCQA).
- In collaboration with others, develops and maintains databases and data systems necessary for projects and department functions.
- Acquires and abstracts data from existing internal or external data sources.
- In collaboration with others, develops, and implements data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Performs data entry, either manually or using scanning technology, when needed or required.
- Leads the operation of the Patient Portal, including end-user, outside provider, and clinical team support and training.
- Provides direct support to end users and acts as a primary point of contact for the organization for all web-based portals (JPS medical records portal, THR medical records portal, Immtrac2 Vaccine Portal, LabCorp Test results portal, and Diaweb Diabetes System.
- Coordinates and supports provider use of electronic health records to access provider panels and provider audits.
- Assists CMO with provider peer reviews in conjunction with UDS measures.
- Provides general office administrative support services such as answering phones, managing daily office operations, scheduling and facilitating meetings, completing special projects for a variety of matters across the practice.
- Identifies problematic areas and conducts research to determine causes; engages others in problem solving, as appropriate and assist end user training with Senior Data Analyst.
- Creates and maintains filing system and database and spreadsheet files for the clinical department operations to allow retrieval of documents requested.
- Integrates and collaboratively works with other staff and areas of Center’s operation.
- Participates in meetings, including continuous quality improvement and UDS measures.
- Complies with Center’s policies and procedures.
- Remains current with standards of primary health care practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to recognize and respect cultural diversity of patients.
- Recognize and respond effectively to verbal, nonverbal, and written communication.
- Ability to follow established policies and procedures dealing with health care.
- Comply with established risk management and safety procedures.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and health care team.
- Must respect the confidential nature of medical information.
- Working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Able to work efficiently and cope with emergency situations.
- Capable of using experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Good computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as charts, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Professional manner and appearance.
- Emotional and physical health sufficient to meet the demands of the position.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Public Health, Health Informatics, and/or Computer Sciences.
- Experience: 1 year of experience in use of electronic health records (EMR) and/or working with clinical staff to provide medical administrative duties.
- Computer skills required (Email, Internet, Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Electronic Health Records (EMR) software
Typical Physical Demands
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions associated with this position. Because we are committed to inclusion of those with disabilities, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions associated with their position.
- Carrying: Transporting an object, usually by hand, arm or shoulder.
- Lifting: Raising or lowering an object 25-50 pounds.
- Repetitive Motions: Making frequent movements with a part of the body.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]