Provides comprehensive direct and indirect patient care in the appropriate setting across the continuum of care. Communicates with physicians about changes in patient’s clinical condition, results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Conducts staff and patient education, promotes wellness and prevention of health problems. Develops resources and communicates knowledge to members of healthcare team, patients and their family members. The American Nurses Association (ANA) Scope and Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics for Nurses provide for a basis for practice.
Provide patient care with utmost customer service, compassion, and integrity to patients/clients in a clinic setting.
Excellent and competitive benefits package offered which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance. Company matching retirement plan and generous paid time off to include vacation and sick leave accruals starting from the date of hire.
- Examines, diagnoses and treats patients of all ages, but with a focus on adult medicine.
- From time to time, provides in-service training for staff in selected topics in Internal or adult medicine as deemed necessary by the CMO.
- Provides quality medical care according to standards established by the NTACHC committee on quality assurance.
- Supervises medical assistants and lab personnel in area of specific support services for patient care delivery.
- Attends internal and external meetings, workshops, and conferences, and participates on task forces or committees, as necessary and/or required by NTACHC.
- Performs all duties and services in full compliance with NTACHC’s policies and protocols.
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the CMO.
- Courteous, honest and professional at all times.
- Sets an example as a medical professional by observing work start and stop times, giving adequate notice for absences, and following clinic’s operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Able to communicate and relate well with providers and clinical staff.
- Maintains appropriate licensure and certification including meeting and/or exceeding CME requirements. Observes standards of medical care.
- Efficient, organized and accurate.
- Perform complex and comprehensive medical care on a variety of patients.
- Train and evaluate assigned staff.
- Work with various cultural and ethnic groups in a tactful and efficient manner.
- At least one year experience as Nurse Practitioner in Family Medicine.
- Active Texas R.N. license or eligibility to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas
- National certification (e.g. ANCC or AANP) as a Nurse Practitioner
- Current prescriptive authority in the state of Texas (APNP certification)
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Healthcare Professionals Certification; ACLS, PALS preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must have strong listening, written and oral communication skills, with ability to communicate clearly.
- Must have the ability to understand and respond effectively and with sensitivity to all age spectrums.
- Bilingual-English/Spanish preferred.
Typical Physical Demands
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions associated with this position. Because we are committed to inclusion of those with disabilities, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions associated with their position.
- Carrying: Transporting an object, usually by hand, arm or shoulder.
- Lifting: Raising or lowering an object 25-50 pounds.
- Repetitive Motions: Making frequent movements with a part of the body.
- Exposure: To communicable diseases, body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinical environment.
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working under irregular hours.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in a moderate noise level in the work environment is required.
The information in this document is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in order to perform the work. The health center reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. Additionally, this job description is not intended as an employment contract, implied or otherwise, and the Center continues to maintain its status as an at-will employer.
|Job Category||Health Care|