The Outreach and Enrollment Specialist will work to provide outreach opportunities for community residents who lack access to healthcare and health insurance, provide enrollment and application follow-up assistance and build/strengthen enrollment collaborations with local partner organizations.
Provide patient care with utmost customer service, compassion, and integrity to patients/clients in a clinic setting.
Excellent and competitive benefits package offered which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance. Company matching retirement plan and generous paid time off to include vacation and sick leave accruals starting from the date of hire.
- Provide enrollment assistance (including but not limited to completing coverage applications, gathering required documentation and troubleshooting the enrollment process) for uninsured children and adults to access subsidized, low-cost and free health insurance programs through the health insurance marketplace, Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
- Provide structured patient education on health coverage, engage in follow-up conversations and offer renewal assistance for enrolled individuals.
- Distribute outreach materials to patients, community members, partner organizations and businesses to build coverage option awareness.
- Develop, discover and attend community events in order to promote coverage options and the mission and services of the organizat
- Collaborate with various local organizations to build awareness of coverage options, spur enrollment and build referral linkages.
- Attend and successfully complete all required training programs; participate in ongoing conference calls, webinars, and other professional development opportunities.
- Accurately provide required reporting to track goal achievement and client satisfact
- Recruit and utilize volunteers to increase program capacit
- Assist in the development and implementation of organizational outreach and enrollment initiatives.
- Other duties as assig
- Oral and written communication skills at a level typically acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree program in public health, health education, communications or related progra An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of the health and human services infrastructure, health insurance programs and public coverage options – Preferred
- Ability to effectively develop and nurture relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Ability to enthusiastically communication with potential enrollees.
- Strong computer skills with proficiencies in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, internet- based applications and the Microsoft operating system.
- Ability to travel for work purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) in verbal and written communication is highly preferred
- A high degree of organization and accuracy.
- Perform complex and comprehensive medical care on a variety of patients.
- Must have strong listening, written and oral communication skills, with ability to communicate clearly.
- Must have the ability to understand and respond effectively and with sensitivity to all age spectrums.
- Train and evaluate assigned staff.
- Work with various cultural and ethnic groups in a tactful and efficient manner.
- Ability to work with diverse staff as needed.
- Valid ID and Auto Insurance for work travels
Typical Physical Demands
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions associated with this position. Because we are committed to inclusion of those with disabilities, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions associated with their position.
- Carrying: Transporting an object, usually by hand, arm or shoulder.
- Lifting: Raising or lowering an object 25-50 pounds.
- Repetitive Motions: Making frequent movements with a part of the body.
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working under irregular hours.
- Exposure: To communicable diseases, body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinical environment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in a moderate noise level in the work environment is required.
|Job Category||Customer Service|