Performs patient registration. Responsible for third party coverage verification. Ability to explain patient responsibility including insurance, sliding fee scale, Medicaid, Medicare, and special programs. Identifies opportunities for back billing of previous visits based on new insurance or Medicaid verification and forwards information to appropriate person.
Provide patient care with utmost customer service, compassion, and integrity to patients/clients in a clinic setting.
Excellent and competitive benefits package offered which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance. Company matching retirement plan and generous paid time off to include vacation and sick leave accruals starting from the date of hire.
• Performs patient registration
• Responsible for third party coverage verification.
• Collects appropriate co-pays, co-insurance and sliding fee scale portions during registration and/or exiting patient.
• Ability to check patients in and out.
• Updates any financial and demographic information in the EPM system.
• Maintains cash drawer ensuring accuracy and security at all times.
• Ability to explain patient responsibility including insurance, sliding fee scale, Medicaid, Medicare and any special health programs offered at NTACHC.
• Ability to perform appointment processing to include requesting hospital records the day before scheduled appointment.
• Review the current day charges from the encounter with patient.
• Review account past-due balance (i.e., ROA, CIB, Bad debt)
• Collection of payment and/or promissory agreements in accordance on all pay patients in accordance with policy.
• Process receipt for patient.
• Give patient return appointment as indicated
• Responsible for balancing at the end of the day.
• Ability to recognize and respect cultural diversity of patients.
• Recognize and responds effectively to verbal, nonverbal, and written communication.
• Ability to follow established policies and procedures dealing with health care.
• Comply with established risk management and safety procedures.
• Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and health care team.
• Must respect the confidential nature of medical information.
• Working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Able to work efficiently and cope with emergency situations.
• Capable of using experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Able to read and interpret documents such as charts, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine report and corresponded.
• Must have efficient computer and typing skills.
• Professional manner and appearance
• Must be willing to travel for work purposes.
• High School Graduate or Equivalent Preferred
• One (1) year of Data Entry/Medical Office Experience Preferred
• Strong Customer Relations Skills
• Possesses willingness to accept orders and to perform repetitive tasks.
• Loyal in matters relating to the office.
• Has awareness of the need for discretion and keeping confident matters relating to the patients and their problems.
• Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) highly preferred.
• A valid driver’s license and proof of Auto insurance as travel may be requested from time to time.