The Systems Trainer will be responsible for training requisite NTACHC staff in appropriate NextGen modules based on their job requirements and other related systems as it pertains to NTACHC Operations. This position will also ensure that all training conducted is compliant with HRSA and NCQA requirements to ensure we are compliant with all Uniform Data Systems (UDS) and Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) requirements. The Systems Trainer will also monitor the IT support desk for tickets relating to Nextgen EMR and discover opportunities to retrain staff based on frequently opened cases.
Provide administrative support in performing the positions duties and the team with utmost customer care, compassion, and integrity to improve the quality of care for the patients and the community.
Excellent and competitive benefits package offered which includes medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. Company matching retirement plan and generous paid time off to include vacation and sick leave accruals starting from the date of hire.
- To be proficient with NextGen® EPM, EHR, ICS, Patient Portal, Telephone and Website systems.
- Maintains end user documentation and trains all new employees as needed to fulfill their respective job requirements.
- Actively involved in the day-to-day operations and support of the NextGen software within the practice or organization.
- Routinely meet with managers and discuss employee retraining opportunities
- Provides direct support to end-users and acts as a primary point of contact for systems support. (NextGen, EPM, ICS, Patient Portal, Telephone and Website Systems)
- Monitor support tickets and ensure timely closure of tickets.
- Work collaboratively with the EPM, EHR, IT and Data Warehouse teams to meet organizational objectives and identify application enhancements.
- In case of emergency closures of the NTACHC clinics to work remotely on IT systems to help manage clinic operations and provide appropriate Nextgen support.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High competency with the NextGen EPM configuration management.
- Configure and troubleshoot NextGen EPM issues.
- Prioritize, track, and resolve user problems and requests with a sense of urgency.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for NextGen.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Demonstrates adequate operating knowledge of the software and ability to conduct training to large groups of users.
- Work closely with NextGen’s corporate EPM teams to determine future needs and requirements of users.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrate proven ability to quickly grasp new technology concepts.
- Willingness to learn a broad spectrum of healthcare technology and participate on a team driven innovation.
- Strong business and technical writing abilities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated change management experience.
- Effective communication skills, especially verbal communication phone skills, with the ability to interact with various levels of personnel.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills. Awareness of networking fundamentals is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with customer/client groups and/or experience in membership organizations.
- Consent to scheduled and random drug screen testing as required by NTACHC.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent Preferred
- Minimum of two years’ experience supporting NextGen EPM/EHR.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maximum accountability.
- Must be flexible, self-directed, able to prioritize multiple tasks, able to manage a full workload.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Windows and Office Professional (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), including knowledge of computer technology in a health care setting.
- Great support attitude.
- Good team player and great interpersonal skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly preferred.
- A valid driver’s license and proof of Auto insurance as travel may be requested from time to time.
Typical Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communicates orally with management and co-workers in face-to-face, one-on-one and group setting.
- Regularly uses the telephone and/or internet for communication.
- Uses office equipment such as computers, copiers, and printers
- Sits for extended periods of time.
- Stands for extended periods of time.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges.
- Routinely carry, push, reach and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Occasionally carry, push, or lift up to 50 lbs.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate equipment.