Northside Community Health Center
2332 Beverly Hills Drive,
Fort Worth, TX 76114
The Referral Coordinator will support the efforts of the Care Coordinator and will contribute to the processes necessary for a patient centered medical home. This Referral coordinator will be under the supervision of the Care Coordinator who is responsible for improving the quality of patient management, promoting continuity of care, and providing coordinated care for NTACHC patients. The referral Coordinator will be responsible for managing referrals and coordinating care within the clinic, external service organizations, agencies, and other healthcare facilities in the community.
Provide patient care with utmost customer service, compassion, and integrity to patients/clients in a clinic setting.
Excellent and competitive benefits package offered which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance. Company matching retirement plan and generous paid time off to include vacation and sick leave accruals starting from the date of hire.
• Review individual patient electronic records and assist the clinical staff in coordinating specialty care appointments and for healthcare needs at times this may include assisting care coordination team in servicing a high risk/need patient for specialty services.
• Responsible for total coordination and processing/reporting of all patient referrals for specialty services
• Follows protocols for proper pre/authorization, processing of all referrals and medication assistance programs
• Completes all administrative functions associated with referral activities and ensures that referrals are addressed in a timely manner by completing status updates via nextgen i.e., “closing the loop of service”
• Maintain ongoing tracking and appropriate documentation of referrals via nextgen, including the maintenance of the specialty referral network
• Provide appropriate patient clinical information to specialist per referral guidelines
• Communicates with the patient on a timely basis for all scheduling requirements and reminds patients of scheduled appointments via mail or phone, address barriers, & providing information and support
• Work together with providers on patient follow up.
• Ensure that patient’s primary care chart is up to date with information on specialist consults, hospitalizations, and ER visits
• Ensure complete and accurate reporting information including patient demographics, referral success and improved patient’s outcomes
• Responsible for monitoring all referral summary reports not received and timely follow-up in accordance with NTACHC policy and procedure
• Serve as the primary knowledge source for resources on specialty care
• Other duties as assigned
• Courteous, honest and professional at all times.
• Able to communicate and relate well with providers and clinical staff.
• Efficient, organized and accurate.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills in a complex environment.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal relationship and customer service skills.
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Good working knowledge of local social service resources or skills to acquire and use this knowledge and information expeditiously.
• Ability to work effectively with people from diverse cultures and diverse socioeconomic situations.
• Advanced Medical Assistant
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly preferred
• 1-2 years of experience working in a clinical setting
• Prior knowledge on referral coordination
• Experience with NextGen Healthcare System or other Electronic Medical Record system preferred
• Must be computer literate and have exceptional telephone skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with patients and all levels of personnel in a professional, courteous and effective manner using excellent customer service skills
• Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills with the ability to multi task, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
Typical Physical Demands
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions associated with this position. Because we are committed to inclusion of those with disabilities, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions associated with their position.
• Carrying: Transporting an object, usually by hand, arm or shoulder.
• Lifting: Raising or lowering an object 25-50 pounds.
• Repetitive Motions: Making frequent movements with a part of the body.
• Requires working under stressful conditions or working under irregular hours.
• Exposure: To communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinical environment.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to work in a moderate noise level in the work environment is required.