The Medical Records Clerk handles dual functions and initiates medical charts and works closely with front office, personnel and providers staff.
Provide patient care with utmost customer service, compassion, and integrity to patients/clients in a clinic setting.
Excellent and competitive benefits package offered which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance. Company matching retirement plan and generous paid time off to include vacation and sick leave accruals starting from the date of hire.
- Properly performs appointment processing to include pulling and preparing medical records the day before scheduled appointment.
- Request records for patients.
- Submit records requested.
- Responsible for updating any financial and demographic information in the PM system.
- Keep medical charts filed in appropriate location.
- Responsible for answering phones and routing the lines.
- Pull charts as needed for special audits, peer review, refill requests and such.
- Responsible for routing all faxes and accompanying medical charts to the appropriate personnel.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Courteous, honest and professional at all times.
- Sets an example as a medical professional by observing work start and stop times, giving adequate notice for absences, and following clinic’s operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Able to communicate and relate well with providers and clinical staff.
- Observes standards of medical care.
- Efficient, organized and accurate.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent Preferred
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) highly preferred
- One (1) year of Data Entry/Medical Office Experience or training in keeping medical records preferred
- Familiar with community health center setting and committed to serve in such activities
- Strong customer service, reception and telephone skills
- Good organization skills
- Possesses willingness to accept orders and to perform repetitive tasks.
- Has awareness of the need for discretion and keeping confident matters relating to the patients and their problems.
- General computer skills with at least 45 WPM speed
- Must be able to read and understand oral and written directions.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions associated with this position. Because we are committed to inclusion of those with disabilities, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions associated with their position.
- Carrying: Transporting an object, usually by hand, arm or shoulder.
- Lifting: Raising or lowering an object 25-50 pounds.
- Repetitive Motions: Making frequent movements with a part of the body.
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working under irregular hours.
- Exposure: To communicable diseases, body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinical environment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in a moderate noise level in the work environment is required.